This 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is considered by mid-year authorities to be one of the finest examples of this rare and historically important model.
In addition to the racing-purposed Z06 Special Performance Equipment package that included the L84 327/360 HP fuel-injected V-8 and 4-speed manual transmission, power brakes with dual circuit master cylinder, metallic brake shoes, backing plate air scoops and heavy-duty suspension, it was also equipped with 6.70-15 6-ply nylon blackwall tires, full-size spinner wheel covers, Delco AM radio.
More significantly, the car is one of 63 Z06 Corvettes factory-equipped with the extremely rare N03 36-gallon fuel tank. Produced on Valentine’s Day 1963 and delivered to Atzenhoffer Chevrolet Victoria, Texas, this Sebring Silver Z06 split window coupe with very rare red interior was sold to its original owner in Grand Prairie, Texas, a sportsman racer who campaigned it extensively in SCCA competition throughout the central U.S. and Midwest. He later sold it, and it passed through several owners until it was discovered in Salt Lake City in 1976.
In 1979, renowned Corvette specialist Marty Fowler began a body-off restoration, completing this masterpiece in 1984 using only NOS or refurbished original parts. During the restoration it was finished with GM factory-supplied Sebring Silver paint. This extremely rare and beautiful Z06 is authentic and correct to the smallest element, including such details as the tar-top battery and T3 headlights. It has achieved Bloomington Gold Certification, Special Collection and Hall of Fame induction and NCRS Top Flight certification.
Formerly part of Dr. Vance Shappley’s collection for more than 35 years, it is accompanied by the original sales brochure, owner’s manual, warranty booklet, owner’s packet with contents and previous owner search, and is also offered with all award certificates.
ESTIMATE: $600,000 – $750,000
- Bloomington Gold Certified
- Bloomington Gold Hall of Fame inductee
- Bloomington Gold Special Collection
- NCRS Top Flight Award
- 1 of 63 produced with 36 gallon fuel tank
- 1 of 199 produced with Z06 package
- Matching numbers fuel injected 327/360 HP
- T-10 4-speed transmission, 4.11 Positraction
- Power brakes, dual circuit master cylinder
- Sebring Silver with Red interior
- Factory original body/trim tag
- Wonderbar radio, off-road exhaust
- Body-off restored by Marty Fowler using NOS or refurbished original parts
- Documented ownership history back to 1975
- Produced on Valentines Day 1963 and delivered to Atzenhoffer Chevrolet in Victoria, Texas
- Campaigned in SCCA events throughout the central United States
- Acquired from the last collector owner of 35 years
- The Z06 special performance equipment option consisted of heavy duty finned metallic brakes, special backing plates, cooling fans, air scoops and heavy duty suspension, shocks, springs and sway bar