I know it looks like something out of a video game, but the 2017 Acura NSX is real, it’s finally ready, and they sent on to the Sonoma Raceway for Motor Trend Senior Features Editor Jason Cammisa to have a go in. He brought along a first-generation NSX to see how things have moved on.
So, how does the new Acura NSX looks, goes and feels? Cammisa has some interesting quibbles about all those aspects of the car.
But then again, they are mostly musings of a motoring journalist whose head is full of irrelevant stuff like understeer, lap times, and 0-60 times. The average buyers looking for something cool looking and high-tech with a hybrid motor are going to love this thing to death.
2017 Acura NSX Highlights:
- Twin-turbocharged 75-degree DOHC V6 engine
- 9-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT)
- Three-electric motor Sport Hybrid system
- Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD)
- Agile Handling Assist (AHA)
- Dynamic System with Quiet, Sport, Sport+ and Track modes
- Dynamic torque vectoring
- Multi-material body design with aluminum and sheet molding composite (SMC)
- ContiSportContact tires (245/35Z R19 front and 295/30Z R20 rear)
- 6-piston front and 4-piston brake calipers front and rear
- TFT display for low-mounted instrument panel