When you put your heart and soul in designing a car, it just won’t age. The Koenigsegg CCX is ten years old now, but looking at you would think it has just been launched. That’s how timeless the design of this car is. That is doubly true in the case of this bare carbon version, on display at Alain Class showroom in Dubai.
Of course, it helps that most other Koenigsegg models that came after the CCX looked fairly similar to this model and that has stopped this one looking out of date. But still, many of the super cars from ten years ago look old-fashioned these days, but Koenigsegg CCX has maintained its vigor. Not only that, it looks cooler and more macho than almost all of today’s hyper cars, including its own grandchild, the Regera.
Koenigsegg CCX Specs:
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mp/h) 3.2 seconds
- 0-200 km/h 9.8 sec, 0-200-0 km/h 14 sec
- 0-300-0 km/h: 29.2 Sec
- Top Speed: 395+ km/h (245+ mph)
- Braking distance: 32m (100-0 km/h)
- Lateral G-force: 1.3 G
- Fuel consumption:
- Highway travel: 13 l/100km
- Combined: 17 l/100km
- Weight-to-power ratio: 1.59 kg/hp
- Weight distribution: 45% front, 55% rear
- Carbon fibre with aluminium honeycomb and integrated fuel tanks for optimal weight distribution and safety.
- Monocoque torsional rigidity: 58,000 nm/degree.
- Weight including tanks: 72 kg.
- Front and rear suspension: Double wishbones, two-way adjustable VPS gas-hydraulic shock absorbers, pushrod operated.
- Electronically adjustable ride height.
- Front: Cro-Mo subframe with integrated crash members.
- Rear: Semi-stressed engine and gearbox with support struts, for optimal rigidity and no engine inertia movements.
- Fully machined aircraft aluminium uprights, with SKF LeMans specification 150mm angle contact ball bearings.
- GKN hollow/gun-drilled driveshafts. Koenigsegg Z-style progressive and lightweight anti-roll bars front and rear.
- Specially developed transversal 6-speed gearbox, with optional paddle-shift.
- Torque sensitive limited slip differential.
- Clutch: Dual Plate, Ø 240 mm (in paddle-shift version without clutch pedal)
- Koenigsegg aluminium V8, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts
- Displacement: 4700 cc
- Compression: 8.2:1
- Sequential, multipoint fuel injection.
- Twin Rotrex centrifugal superchargers with response system,
- 1.4 bar boost pressure.
- Dry sump lubrication with oil spray piston cooling.
- Power output: 806 Bhp at 7000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 920 Nm (693 ft/lb) at 5500 rpm
- Carbon fibre intake manifold with optimised intake tracts.
- Patented response charge system for optimal engine response.
- Tig-welded ceramic-coated stainless steel exhaust manifold with merge collector.
- Emission levels: Euro IV and US and Carb.
- Weight: 178 kg