Infiniti announced the official details and pricing of the new special edition version of the Q50 as the car hits the showrooms across America. Called Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400, the sports sedan comes with upgraded specs and dynamics and sports a starting price of $47,950.
The 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400 is available in two variants, one RWD ($47,950) and one all-wheel-drive ($49,950), both powered by the same 300 horsepower 3.0-liter V6 Twin Turbo engine. They also feature the same improvements, so really you are paying an extra two grand for the all-wheel-drive system which, unless you live in Alaska or somewhere with unusually slippery roads, is pretty much useless.
Speaking of the price, the 48 grand you pay for the Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400 may seem like a lot for what’s in essence in a Japanese sedan. But you have take into account the Red Q50 comes with some special features, the main highlights of which include the following:
- Sport styled front fascia
- Sport brakes with 4-piston front and 2-piston rear calipers
- Sport-tuned Digital Dynamic Suspension
- New rack-based Electronic Power Steering or available, industry leading Direct Adaptive Steering™
- Leather-appointed sport seats, aluminum-accented pedals and solid magnesium paddle shifters
- Exclusive Red Sport 400 brushed-finish exhaust tips
- Exclusive Red Sport 400 19-inch sport aluminum-alloy wheels (staggered for RWD models)
- Chrome finished red “S” exterior sport badging on the trunk and front fenders