Rumors about a possible Koenigsegg One:1 special edition started to surface on the Internet a long while back. Initially, the odd usage of the number one in its name was because it will be a one-off model, but as more details came out we found that this is actually because the car has one horsepower per kg — an almost unobtainable feat.
Review 2015 Koenigsegg One:1
Unfortunately, the One:1 is not only fast, but it is also super-rare, as only six units will be released. On top of that, all six units have been sold for a handsome sum of about $2.4 million, with the majority of them heading to the Chinese market. With its limited numbers and huge power output, the Koenigsegg One:1 will become an almost immediate legend in the supercar world.
Review 2015 Koenigsegg One:1 Exterior
The designers at Koenigsegg left no stone unturned to make the One:1 as aerodynamically efficient as possible. The result is a hypercar that looks more like a track-only rig than a road-legal car.
To optimize cooling, the car features two large intercooler intakes on the sides along with numerous gills and radiators. Also present is a huge
Koenigsegg One:1 – Exterior Dimensions
|Total length||4500 MM (177.16 inches)|
|Total width||2060 MM (81.10 inches)|
|Total height||1150 MM (45.27 inches)|
|Ground clearance||Rear: 74-90 MM (2.91-3.54 inches) Front: 59-100 MM (2.32-3.93 inches) plus 50 MM (1.96 inches) lift system|
|Wheelbase||2662 MM (104.80 inches)|
|Front track||1700 MM (66.92 inches) Rear track: 1650 MM (64.96 inches)|
|Front overhang||944 MM (37.16 inches) Rear overhang: 900 MM (35.43 inches)|
Review 2015 Koenigsegg One:1 Interior
Compared to the exterior, the interior is less extreme. Extensive use of weight-saving material along with removal of unnecessary luxuries have contributed to a lower curb weight.
Bathed in carbon fiber and dark Alcantara highlighted with orange accents, the interior of the One:1 has a purpose-built appearance.
Drivetrain, Brakes And Handling
This is where the One:1 really shines. Powered by Koenigsegg’s 5.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V-8 engine that can burn biofuel, race fuel or standard gasoline for flexibility.
Koenigsegg hasn’t announced the 0-to-60 time for the One:1 and for a car this fast it would be pointless. Instead, it let us know that this hypercar can rocket to 400 km/h (248 mph) in about 20 seconds. My best estimate on a 0-to-60 time of this beast would be the 2.5-second range — maybe even quicker.
Power is rated at 1 MW (1,341 horsepower) — things are ridiculous when you’re measuring a car’s output in megawatts — with a peak torque of 1,371 Nm (1011 pound-feet) available at 6000 rpm.
Add to the outrageous power output the use of advanced M55J high modulus fibers to decrease the weight of the chassis by 20 percent compared to the standard Agera chassis, and the result is a car with a dry weight of just 2,954 pounds. To put that in perspective the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport has a weight of 4,052 pounds and 1,200 horses propelling it.
Top speed for the car has not yet been officially announced by Koenigsegg, as it said “Top speed has not been a priority.” They aren’t fooling anyone, considering the fact that the car comes fitted with custom Michelin Cup Tires with a speed rating of 440 km/h (273 mph).
oenigsegg One:1 – Drivetrain Specifications
|Type||Koenigsegg aluminum 5,0L V8, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts with optional Flexfuel capability|
|Power output (HP @ RPM)||1340 @ 7,500|
|Max torque||1,011 lbs-ft @ 6000 rpm|
|Acceleration (0-400KM/H) (248.5 MPH)||20 Sec.|
|400 – 0 km/h (248 mph – 0)||10 Sec|
|100-0 KM/H Braking distance (62 MPH – 0)||28 Meters (91.9 Ft)|
|Lateral G-force||2.0 G|
|Weight distribution||44% front, 56% rear|
For a car this exotic and rare, price shouldn’t really be a concern. But if you are still curious, it’s rumored to be in excess of $2.4 million and all six units have been spoken for.
• Worlds first 1:1 (One:1) power to curb weight ratio homologated production car (kg/hp)
• World’s first Megacar – 1 Megawatt of power homologated production car
• 2 G cornering capability on road legal production cup tires
• 610 kg down force at 260 km/h (160 mph) utilizing advanced active under and over body aerodynamics
• Chassis with active ride height and shock absorbers including variable stiffness spring ratios
• Fully active aero with independent left and right front flaps under front splitter and hydraulically actuated
top mounted dual plane rear wing
• 3G and GPS controlled Predictive Active Chassis and Aero Track Mode
• 3G connection for telemetry, performance, lap times and software upgrades, including owners iPhone app
• 20% lighter carbon chassis and body due to implementation of M46J & M55J high modulus fibers
• 3D-VGT – Koenigsegg patented 3D printed variable turbo housing – gives improved response and bottom
• Koenigsegg developed carbon fiber ventilated memory foam racing seats
• 3D printed titanium exhaust end piece saves 400 grams compared to Aluminum counterpart
• Active noise canceling seat option
• Top Speed – has not been a priority, as the One:1 is a track focused car – however, the One:1 is anticipated
to be, the world’s fastest homologated production car, with a simulated top speed of > 440 km/h, due to
high power and high rpm capability in combination with strong tires and active aero
• Many more exiting and new features will be present at the show
• One:1 program fully pre-sold prior to introduction
• Welcome to stand 1259 at 12.20 in hall 1 to join our 20 Years Celebration with the introduction of the One:1